TIER 2 - TEAM TACTICS
This program is designed for employees or associates of small to medium-sized enterprises or institutions, who want to learn how to operate together as a small tactical team to defend thlife and property from violent attack. It is an operator-level course, for individuals and team leaders.
The Team Tactics program will forge bonds of trust and confidence among participants while teaching them the combative skills necessary to defend life and property against threats such as:
- Active shooters
- Mob violence
- Terrorist attacks
- Gang warfare
- Predatory thugs
Team Tactics integrates live-fire range training with reality based training (RBT) using non-lethal training firearms and live role players. The program utilizes our innovative pre-course and post-course training resources to deliver a comprehensive firearms training experience including:
- Directed pre-course study in DSI's online Defense Academy
- Online manuals and other supporting materials.
- Private online training group.
Attendees at the on-range Tier 2 Team Tactics Course will:
- Review, practice, and apply combative handgun and rifle skills and techniques in a team setting.
- Learn to work as part of a two to six-person team to defend life and property.
- Learn how to interact with other teams, and to cooperate with law enforcement and other allies and associates to protect a private enterprise or institution (business, church, or school).
Reality based training (RBT) is at the core of our training method. RBT is simulation or "force-on-force" training that provides stress inoculation, allowing the student to experience what violence looks and feels like. RBT boosts the student's confidence in his ability to dominate adversaries and protect himself and others, under the normally debilitating stress of a lethal force encounter. Scenario-based training builds the fund of applicable experience that will speed effective decision making and effective performance in a crisis.
Students learn to apply their decision making and gun handling skills under realistic conditions such as low light; multiple, unknown threats; the presence of noncombatants; and with a variety of mission objectives such as defend in place, search and clear, egress, and recovery.
We utilize an escalating series of RBT scenarios to teach the basics of tactical maneuver in and around structures, both as an individual and as a member of a small tactical team to confront an active shooter or other violent threat during the critical response gap between the onset of an incident and intervention by responding law enforcement officers. We cover communications within the team, with higher authority, and with responding law enforcement, and we teach the latest close quarter battle tactics for moving and fighting safely and effectively within and around a structure.
Our training methodology is delivered in three phases: pre-course information and guidance, range training, and our post-course support system.
- Pre-course When you register for this Program, you will receive detailed instructions and access to online courses, manuals, scenarios, and other resources in our online Defense Academy so that you can, on your own schedule, become comfortable with key concepts and techniques before you attend your on-range Tier 2 course. You will have access to qualified instructors who can answer your questions and address your concerns before you ever set foot on the range.
- Your completion of the pre-course work allows us to minimize "classroom" or lecture time during the range training event. While awaiting your turn to rotate through each RBT scenario, you will practice and polish your gun handling skills with our expert instructors on the live fire range. In RBT, you will apply those gun handling skills along with effective tactics and solid decision making to solve realistic, stressful, and increasingly difficult problems that pit you against competent and carefully scripted role players in a safe training environment.
- Post-course: You will gain access to additional resources in the Defense Academy to help you review and sustain the skills and knowledge you have developed in your Tier 2 course. Our training staff will remain accessible to answer any questions and recommend further training opportunities.
- COST: $2,695
- DATES: See Calendar
- TIME: 4 Days
- LOCATION: Various locations throughout the US.
- PREREQUISITES: Completion of the DSI Combative Handgun, Individual Tactics, and Combative Rifle Programs.
HOW TO REGISTER
These are the steps to register: Registration is limited to 6 attendees. (If you want to bring 6 team members to the same course we can customize a course for you. Email us at email@example.com for more information or call us at 1.877.452.0951).
- Select the date of your course using this link.
- Pay the deposit. This is a non-refundable deposit guaranteeing your spot in the program.
- We will accept only 6 paid students per group. Spots will be awarded based upon your payment date.
To ensure that those training with you are persons of good ethical character, we require all applicants to provide one of the following forms of information. Please bring the original to your course for verification. Should you not have any of these forms we can do a criminal background check for you.
- Current concealed carry permit or federal firearms license.
- Illinois FOID card and an official issued ID (Drivers License/Passport etc.)
- Evidence of no criminal history from a local law enforcement agency printed on official department letterhead, or a statement of good character from a local official; i.e. chief of Police, sheriff, District Attorney, Judge, etc.
- Evidence of current, active, full line service with public law enforcement agency, or with the United States Armed Forces.
- Form 4473 “Brady Check” (See the gun store that you purchased your handgun from for a copy.)
If you have none of the above credentials we will need to run a criminal background check for you. You will be charged an additional non-refundable $20 for the background check. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions on how to do this.
Payment of Balance:
You will be invoiced for the balance of your program fee 60 days prior to the start of your program. Your invoice must be paid via credit card within 7 days of the receipt of your invoice or you forfeit your deposit and training slot.
What Your Program Fee Includes:
Your $2,695 course fee pays for the 4-day training course and includes:
- 1-year access to the O2DA Defense Academy ($359 retail value).
- Operational quality cap and merit patch.
- Pulse O2DA manual set (7 manuals).
- 12 month on-line "Smartsheet" post course training plan.
- Private on-line training group.
Your course fee does not cover:
- Travel, food or lodging.
- Ammo or weapon rentals.
UTM Weapon and Ammunition Surcharge:
We use simulated non-lethal weapons and ammunition for the reality based training segments. This surcharge covers the cost of your ammunition and weapon rental. The surcharge is $150 and is added to your program fee and paid via your program fee invoice.
Cancellations And Refunds
Once your deposit is processed then you are committed to the program. There are no refunds.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled date then you will be able to attend a future program date as long as:
- You cancel no later than 30 days prior to your program date.
- Future program dates are contingent upon space available.
- There is a $250 service charge for canceling and rebooking the program.
We train rain or shine so there are no weather cancellations. Should we cancel a program after payment has been made then we will either refund your payment in full or apply it towards the next program.