HOW TO REGISTER FOR A COURSE
The calendar below contains all training courses and programs offered by Distributed Security and the registration links in the right hand column are for upcoming courses that are now open for registration.
These are the steps to follow in order to register:
- Determine the course you want to take.
- Confirm that you have the proper prerequisites completed for your selected course.
- If the course is open for registration then use the link to register.
- If the course has not been opened for registration then you can still reserve your space by sending an email to email@example.com indicating the name of your desired course, the date and your preferred location.
You are making a non-binding reservation for this course. Courses are offered in Chicago, Quad-Cities, Kansas City, Lincoln NE, Toledo OH, Upstate New York and Dallas. Locations are finalized 45 days prior to the course. Once the location has been determined you will be emailed an invoice payable via credit card. Students will be confirmed in the order they pay. Once a class is filled, then no more payments will be accepted.
NOTE: For all NAEMT courses please use the following links. You must register first on the NAEMT web site then we will invoice you for the course fee.
To ensure that those training with you are persons of good ethical character, we require all applicants to provide one of the following forms of information. Please bring the original to your course for verification. Should you not have any of these forms we can do a criminal background check for you.
- Current concealed carry permit or federal firearms license.
- Illinois FOID card and an official issued ID (Drivers License/Passport etc.)
- Evidence of no criminal history from a local law enforcement agency printed on official department letterhead, or a statement of good character from a local official; i.e. chief of Police, sheriff, District Attorney, Judge, etc.
- Evidence of current, active, full line service with public law enforcement agency, or with the United States Armed Forces.
- Form 4473 “Brady Check” (See the gun store that you purchased your handgun from for a copy.)
If you have none of the above credentials we will need to run a criminal background check for you. You will be charged an additional non-refundable $20 for the background check. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions on how to do this.
Payment of Course Fee:
Once you have cleared the background check you will be invoiced for the program fee. Your invoice must be paid via credit card within 7 days of the receipt of your invoice or you forfeit your training slot.
Cancellations And Refunds
Once your deposit is processed then you are committed to the program. There are no refunds.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled date then you will be able to attend a future program date as long as:
- You cancel no later than 30 days prior to your program date.
- Future program dates are contingent upon space available.
- There is a $250 service charge for canceling and rebooking the program.
- We train rain or shine so there are no weather cancellations. Should we cancel a program after payment has been made then we will either refund your payment in full or apply it towards the next program.